Welcome to Experience Somerset’s tourism operator portal. We hope the information in this portal will provide assistance to your Somerset tourism business.
Here’s just a few of the ways we can help you promote your business:
- Somerset tourism operators can display professionally printed DL sized brochures at our two accredited Visitor Information Centres at Fernvale and Kilcoy and unaccredited information centre in Esk at no cost.
- Assistance to create your free listing on the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW). ATDW is Australia’s largest tourism network, jointly owned and managed by all Australian state and territory government tourism bodies.
- All businesses listed on ATDW are automatically considered for inclusion in the Best of Queensland Experiences Program run by Tourism and Events Queensland. Additional criteria is required for the Best of Queensland Experience program, which can be found here.
- Opportunities to participate in training programs throughout the year.
- Assistance to create a free listing on Somerset’s SEQ Food Trails website for eligible food and drink businesses.
- The opportunity to attend up to three tourism trade shows each year with the tourism team to promote your business and the Somerset region (e.g. Queensland Caravan and Camping Supershow and Queensland Outdoor Adventure and Motoring Expo).
- Social media promotion.
- The opportunity to participate in familarisation tours throughout the year which allow our volunteers the opportunity to experience Somerset’s tourism operators first hand and share this with the visitors they engage with on a daily basis across our Visitor Information Centres. It is a great way for you to connect with the volunteers who are promoting your product to visitors.
Join us on social media
Make sure to use, and encourage visitors to use, the hashtags #experiencesomerset and #somersetqld so we can easily see and share posts to promote your businesses.
Download our Experience Somerset social media poster here
Somerset Tourism Strategy 2021-2025
Somerset Regional Council
Order Somerset Visitor Guides
Tourism and Events Queensland
Stay up to date with a range tourism resources and updates from TEQ
Experience Somerset Image Library
Download and use a range of Experience Somerset images.
We encourage you to access, download and utilise these images, to promote Somerset in a positive manner.
Ensure you credit Experience Somerset with each use.
List your business or event on ATDW, Australia’s national digital platform of tourism information to promote your business on up to 200 websites for FREE
Southern Queensland Country Tourism (SQCT) is the peak tourism industry body for Southern Queensland Country, bringing together the regions of Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley, Southern Downs and Granite Belt, Goondiwindi, Somerset and the Western Downs.
Visitor Statistics for the Brisbane Valley Rail Trail
Register here for the Quality Tourism Framework. This online system which captures existing business development programs (Tourism Accreditation, Star Ratings and Australian Tourism Awards) in the one place
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) is a not-for-profit, private sector, membership-based organisation representing the interests of Queensland’s tourism and hospitality industry.
Tourism Australia offers a range of useful resources including:
Visitor Statistics and Insights
How to Guides
Emailed Operator Newsletters
Stay up to date with the latest Experience Somerset News:
Best of Brisbane Region Experiences Support Program
Expression of Interest 2023
This Program will enable your business to work towards becoming identified as a Best of Queensland Experience.
Expressions of Interest have now closed for 2023.
Keep up to date with Council and industry updates sent out regularly.
Register here to be included on the Somerset Tourism Database.